music





credits
1 | 2
Adventures in browsing Martha Stewart's website
Monday, March 1, 2010 7:03 PM
I always love to find new ideas and my latest is to venture into cooking. I am mediocre when it comes to cooking--I can actually fix a meal, but I'm no Julia Child.

However, in a section of her website, Martha Stewart gives recipes for food associated with movies. What's a better marriage than food and film? Here are some of my favorites:

Ratatouille - I'm not a fan of any kind of stew or soup...and when I say I'm not a fan, I mean it's the bane of my existence. However, this "peasant's dish" is quite delicious, and actually pretty easy to make. Sit down with a bowl and watch Remy in his quest to become a chef.

Lady and the Tramp Spaghetti - Probably one of the most famous (and cutest) food-in-film scenes is from the Disney classic, Lady and the Tramp. The recipe is decent, but if you're in a rush, I'd suggest just buying pre-cooked meatballs at your local grocery store. It's not as fresh (and delicious), but it gets the job done. Also, the pork can be substituted with beef.

Chocolat Spiced Hot Dark Chocolate - This movie is delicious, and this recipe is just as spicy and sweet as Juliette Binoche and Johnny Depp's performances. Most wouldn't think of adding cayenne pepper to hot chocolate, but mixed with cinnamon and dark chocolate it's incredible.

Kramer vs. Kramer French Toast - I can honestly say I was practically salivating just while reading this recipe. I love french toast, about as much as I love movies. It's easy and rather quick. My suggestion is to use 1-day-old sourdough bread--sourdough is not only thick enough and yummy enough, it's also one of the breads highest in fiber.

There are more recipes here. Hope you enjoy!


Labels: ,

0 comments

Post a Comment