music





credits
1 | 2
Crispy Salted Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
Wednesday, March 3, 2010 6:45 PM














I'm not a fan of salt--in fact, if I could take salt out of everything I eat, I would. However, there is only one way I do like salt, and that's with something sweet. I'm that person who dumps a pack of Junior Mints into her popcorn (don't knock it until you've tried it). I love chocolate-dipped pretzels and I eat cake and ice cream with a side of potato chips. This recipe is just right up my aisle, and if you're anything like me, it'll be perfect for you as well.

Also, another note: the original post suggested that if you're not a fan of butterscotch (although who doesn't like butterscotch!?) you can substitute them for dark chocolate.

Brought to you by PoppyTalk:

1 c butter, softened
1 c brown sugar
1/4 c milk
1 t vanilla
1 3/4 c all-purpose flour
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
2 c oats
1 1/2 c butterscotch chips
1/2 c flaked unsweetened coconut
flaky sea salt

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, baking soda, and the 1st salt measurement in a medium bowl.

2. In another bowl, beat together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in milk and vanilla until combined. Slowly add in flour mixture and mix until just blended. Add in oats, butterscotch chips and coconut until incorporated.

3. Spoon up a large tablespoon of dough and drop it onto a cookie sheet leaving about 2 inches of space between each cookie. Slightly press down on each lump to slightly flatten and sprinkle a flake or two of salt on each cookie. Bake for 12 - 14 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown. Transfer to wire rack to cool. Makes 24 - 30 cookies.

Labels:

0 comments

Post a Comment