music





credits
1 | 2
Project idea.
Tuesday, March 2, 2010 12:19 PM
So I was just randomly searching websites, and I came across this neat idea from How About Orange: Fabric wall decals. This seems like it would be a creative way to add some decoration to a room, and from what I've read it's easy to remove if you get tired of it. I haven't tried this myself, but if I do in the near future, I'll post pictures.

In summary, sketch out the design you want to use and choose the fabrics you want to work with. It suggests using thinner fabric, as it is easier to cut and overall easier to handle. Cut out the pattern, lay it out and make sure you're happy with what you have so far. Make a starch mixture (1/4 cup corn startch and 1/2 cup cold water, plus 4 cups of boiling water and stir). In the directions given, she says that there was a lot of leftover startch, so depending on the size of your decal, you might be able to cut the measurements in half. Then, brush starch on the place where you will hang your decal, soak your fabric pieces in the starch and hang--afterwards, brush on some more starch on the surface and press out any air bubbles. She suggests that it can be quite messy, so if you're working where there's carpet, I'd suggest covering it up.

I've summed it all up, so I would definitely recommend seeing the original post.

Labels:

0 comments

Post a Comment