music





credits
1 | 2
Movie of the Week: Date Night
Sunday, April 18, 2010 12:36 PM

Last night I went to see Date Night, starring Tina Fey and Steve Carrell. I had been really looking forward to the movie, simply because I think these two actors were long overdue in a project together. I was definitely not disappointed.

I've had a pretty stressful week, so it was nice to relax and enjoy a film, and quite frankly laugh my butt off. Even though my friend Kristyna liked it "just okay," I personally thought it was one of the funniest movies I have seen in a long time. There were moments of pure slapstick comedy, moments of oh-my-gosh-my-life-is-this-pathetic comedy, and moments of true honesty. This was a comedy, but there was some realism in it--at one point in the film, Phil and Claire Foster's friends are divorcing, because their marriage "was fine. We're just really good roommates." I have a feeling they aren't the only couple who feels this way.

Beyond that, there was an amazing supporting cast. Mark Whalberg as perpetually shirtless Holbrooke was amazing eye candy, Mila Kunis and James Franco as the trashy couple who's reservation was stolen by the Fosters were unbelivable. James Franco continually proves his range of acting in my opinion. Also, J.B. Smoove played a hilarious cabbie who literally got caught in the madness of the evening, and also stars in probably the funniest sequence in the whole film.

Definitely go see this film, especially after a long week. After all, laughter is the best medicine.

Labels:

0 comments

Post a Comment