music





credits
1 | 2
Must-See Movie!
Tuesday, July 27, 2010 5:19 PM


I think my mind is still reeling from this movie. Inception is probably the best movie I've seen in 2010. It's unfortunate that it was released during the year of the crappy movies, but I guess that just gives this film more of a chance of recognition. It was risky to release a movie that definitely has Oscar potential during the summer, but films like Up and District 9 proved that a summer release doesn't mean you have to be counted out of the Oscar race.

I would like to say that I don't want to give away what happens in the movie, but honestly it's not that--I just don't think I could explain what happens. It's just one of those movies where you have to see it--explaining it would just confuse you and probably turn you off of the film. However, with stellar writing and an incredible cast, this film definitely should not be missed.

First, Leonardo DiCaprio is still gorgeous, and he's definitely maturing into such an engaging man. I hope he has many, many more acting years ahead of him, because he definitely has got talent. Joseph Gordon-Levitt was a great choice to play along side DiCaprio, especially since I see that they have grown in very similar ways. The surprise for me was Ellen Page. I love Juno, but I wasn't exactly the leading actress's number one fan. She had a case of verbal diarrhea, and in interviews she kind of came off as ungrateful. However, she showed that she isn't a one-trick pony and allowed her acting abilities to speak for themselves. Bravo to her.

Don't miss this movie. Even if it's not your kind of thing, see it anyways. It's worth it. It's one of those films that plays with your mind and makes you question life even outside of the movie theatre.

Labels: ,

0 comments

Post a Comment