music





credits
1 | 2
Count your blessings.
Monday, August 16, 2010 8:44 PM


Maya Hayes: Dad!
Maya Hayes: Thanks for telling me the story.
Will Hayes: You're welcome. I didn't tell you the happy ending.
Maya Hayes: What is it?
Will Hayes: You.

Although this movie didn't do as well as it could have, this one particular scene resonated with me. My mother and I share a similar sentiment. Although she and my father went through (really) rough times, she has always told me that she never regretted it because in the end, she got me. She never ceases to remind me that I am her happy ending. I realize that a mother's love for her child is unlike anything else, but what is also unmeasurable in a different way is a child's love for her mother. My heart bursts with love for her and my heart aches when she's sad. I have never met a person that I am so in sync with--she is the one true person that knows me fully, inside and out. I can trust her with my deepest secrets that I myself can barely admit to; I can laugh so hard and for so long that we both forget what was so funny to begin with.

As the years have gone on, my relationship with her has changed. I worry about her--she doesn't have a strong heart, and I'm afraid that she's too concerned about taking care of others and neglects herself. It's like I know that if she knows I worry about her, that makes her worry about me, and it just continues in this vicious cycle.

There isn't much to be done about it, however. A mother will always worry about her child, and a child will always worry about her mother. It's a package deal with us. I just count my blessings and cannot thank God enough for blessing me with such a warm, caring, thoughtful mother. She's my light and I'd be lost without her.

Labels: ,

1 comments

Gwen,
Beautiful! I know how you feel about your mom for I feel it too with mine.

By Blogger Life at The Hadenfeldt's
On August 18, 2010 at 9:32 AM  

Post a Comment